Many people who want to start a blog ask me what the best blogging advice I can give them is. What do you say? What are your top three tips for success in blogging? What if I don’t have any ideas about what to write about yet? These are all valid questions. The answer depends on how much time and money you’re willing to invest, as well as how committed you are.
This post will cover some of the most important things that new bloggers should know before they start their first blog post:
About the topics
- What are the best blogging topics for me to write about? What should I do if I don’t have any ideas yet?
- How often should I post on my blog and how long should each post be? What is a good word count range when writing blog posts?
- What does SEO stand for, what are the benefits of doing keyword research, and why is it important in blogging?
- What tools can help boost your search engine rankings or drive traffic to your site from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ ?
- Can you recommend some good WordPress themes that make creating content easier than ever before so new bloggers feel less intimidated by design elements such as navigation bars at the top of pages and sidebar widgets?
About the blogs
- How do I start a blog and what are the best blogging platforms to use for free or low-cost options that make it easy, even for beginners?
- What’s the difference between WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com?
- What is WordPress hosting and how does it work?
- What if I want to pay someone else to take care of everything like building my site or adding plugins so all I have to worry about is writing content quickly without having any technical skills whatsoever where should I go then, who can help me get started with a professional looking website online in minutes flat (or at least as soon as possible)?
About the bloggers
- What one thing would you say is most important in order to be a successful blogger, whether it’s earning money, or having an impact on your audience?
- What if I’m not sure where my niche should lie within the realm of blogging ? How much time per day/week do I need to commit in order to create content at least once every few days?
- Can anyone become a professional blogger with practice or are there other prerequisites like talent or education required first before someone becomes successful consistently creating quality content?
- Have any personal anecdotes about how people might get started here? What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve seen new bloggers make?
What is your best blogging advice for someone who wants to start a blog but isn’t sure where to begin or what direction they should take with their content? Also know how to submit a guest post.
I hope this post has been helpful. I’ll be back soon with more posts on how to create, grow and maintain an awesome blog that will help attract visitors and keep them coming back for more! Stay tuned!